Keyword research is critical to your success with AdWords advertising. The keywords you select will be the building blocks for your ad groups, and are a determining factor in how your ads perform, where and when they will be shown, to whom they will be shown and the search terms for which they will appear. When thinking about which keywords to include in your campaigns, it is important to have a good idea of what you are trying to accomplish with your ad, as well as who exactly you are trying to target.
Keyword research isn’t only about finding keywords to get visitors to your website, but about finding the right keywords to attract the right visitors. Keyword research will help you predict shifts in demand, react to changing market conditions, and focus on the products, services and content in which web searchers are already seeking out.
There are five fundamental components of effective keyword research:
- Understanding Keyword Relevance: Specific keywords that are relevant to your product/service with a defined meaning are critical to the success of your campaign(s). You will learn how to choose the most effective keywords for your specific business.
- Keyword Match Types: You can choose between several keyword match types with your keywords to help control which search queries show your ads. Keep reading to become familiar with the different match types and in which situations it is best to use which match type.
- Keyword Mining with Search Query Reports: Keyword mining involves identifying relevant and popular keywords for your specific website. AdWords’ search query report (SQR) shows you exactly what search queries people used that caused your ad to show. This can help you find new search terms that you may want to use as new ad groups and keywords. It will also help you filter out terms that are not relevant to your business that you can add to your negative keyword list.
- Negative Keywords: You can add certain keywords to a negative list to prevent your ads from showing for key terms that are irrelevant to your business. This helps you refine your ads to target to the most relevant potential customers.
- Building out Keyword Lists (Google, Wordstream & More): Learn which tools we use to help us build out keyword lists that are comprehensive, relevant and targeted.
Another great resource for keyword research is the Google AdWords Keyword Planner. This valuable tool helps take much of the guesswork out of choosing the best, most targeted and relevant keywords on which to focus. You can view the search volume and traffic estimates for keywords of your choosing, and can even see the difference of these estimates between varying keyword match types. In your Google AdWords account, simply click the Tools and Analysis drop down and select “Keyword Planner.” There are four options to help you find and select the best keywords for your campaigns and ad groups:
- Search for new keyword and ad group ideas. Here, you can identify keywords related to a specific phrase, website, or category. You can customize your search by location, language, search network, negative keywords, average monthly searches and several other filters.
- Get search volume for a list of keywords or group them into ad groups. One of our go-to tools, this option allows you to enter or upload keywords to view search volume and other historical statistics, or you can create ad groups. You also have the option of entering keywords using specific match types. You can customize your search by location, search network and negative keywords.
- Get traffic estimates for a list of keywords. Here, you can enter or upload keywords to view click and cost estimates. You also have the option of entering keywords using specific match types. You can customize your search by location, search network and negative keywords.
- Multiply keyword lists to get new keyword ideas. With this tool, you can enter two separate keyword lists to create new combinations, for which you can then view search volume stats and/or traffic estimates. You can customize your search by location, search network and negative keywords.
The first step in quality keyword research is Understanding Keyword Relevance.
Our PPC agency takes the time to do the in depth keyword research that’s vital to the success of your pay-per-click marketing campaign. [Read More]
Creating Great Adverts
Our agency focuses on creating targeted pc ads for your AdWords campaigns to speak directly to your target customers. [Read More]
By constantly monitoring tracking and conversion metrics our agency makes sure your campaigns are giving you the ROI you need. [Read More]
Our experts make sure your landing pages are optimized for maximum conversions and a great user experience to help convert visitors into sales. [Read More]
Our agency specializes in pay-per-click consulting that can help your in-house marketing team make your campaigns even more successful. [Read More]
More Ways We Can Add Value For Your Business
Happy to run your AdWords campaign but need help getting started? Our Google accredited professionals can get you up and running on Google AdWords in just two weeks for an affordable one-off fee.
A great new service designed for small businesses operating in a limited geographical area. We’ll setup and manage your AdWords and Google+ accounts, giving you visibility on Google for relevant searches in your area.
We can optimise your AdWords campaign for mobile browsers and can even add quick-link phone extensions so your future clients need only click to call you on their smartphone!
One of the most powerful and cost-effective ways to drive leads and conversions, we can help you show ads to users who’ve previously visited your website as they browse the web.